Diseases that can cause ecchymosis
There are a number of conditions that can lead to the development of ecchymosis.
- Leukemia: The abnormal increase in white blood cells contributes to the formation of ecchymoses.
- Acute renal failure: As the kidneys begin to degenerate, the accumulation of waste products in the blood progresses; this will cause some abnormalities that lead to the formation of ecchymosis spots.
- Cancer: Any cancer that is found in the body can cause ecchymosis.
- Multiple Myeloma: This disease is characterized by the abnormal growth of plasma cells in the bone marrow that progresses to blood abnormalities causing ecchymosis.
- Myelofibrosis: This disease can cause anemia, leading to the development of ecchymosis or bruises.